Monday, October 4, 2010

a pain in my ass!

Seriously...these IM Menopur shots are exactly that--a pain in my ass!

The Coach has given me IM shots before, all of my previous triggers were IM and often times I'd be sore the next day but nothing too bad. I've always iced before the shot and I've never felt the needle go in or penetrate my muscle or anything...so assumed the Menopur would be the same. Well, you know what they say about assuming...

It HURTS! The ice does nothing. I feel the whole thing. I seriously don't know how women do PIO shots (progesterone in oil) for weeks and weeks when they achieve pregnancy. OUCH!

But, even though it hurts, I'm not really complaining. If the Menopur is what does the trick then, by all means, it will have been worth it. But I am ready for my monitoring appointment to find out how things are going...8:30 tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment