Sunday, November 7, 2010

distractions

The Coach has done a very good job of providing me with a lot of distractions from the situation this weekend. Friday night we went out to the local grille and then the pub with some friends...we drank, we danced, we had fun. Saturday we had to get up SUPER early (for a Saturday) to make it to the tailgate before our homecoming game. For the first time in a long, long time I was seriously hungover. Honestly...it was nice. Granted I'd rather not be able to drink at all but, since I can, it was a fun time. We had a great time at the tailgate and game, although it was COLD! And enjoyed another win...10-0 baby! :) We went out again last night to celebrate our win and our biggest rival's loss. Good day!

Today we went out for lunch and then cleaned the house. I've been in a good mood, I've been happy and I really haven't thought about everything that has happened lately. I'll never "get over it", I'll never forget and I'll certainly never accept what happened and all we've been through in the last 2.5 years but maybe I'm starting to learn to live with it. And, for me, that is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment