Tuesday, September 28, 2010

game time!

It is on. Again. Back in the saddle. Whew.

This morning I went to my "local clinic" (local as in only an hour from my house, not 2.5 hours each way like the main clinic) and when I pulled into the parking lot I saw a huge sign on the front door. "We will be closed Thursday, October 7th and Friday, October 8th while we move to our new location." OF COURSE they would be closed--because that is exactly when my IUI will be! And it would be way, way too easy in our already ridiculously tight timeline for us to be able to just travel an hour each way for the IUI. Yea...now we have to go to the main clinic. 5 hours round trip. Seriously...where does my luck come from? Because it is straight up shit.

My baseline went well. My favorite technician did my ultrasound and the whole time we just talked about college football--we are both fans of the same team and it was so nice to have a comfortable, relaxing (well, as comfortable and relaxing as it can be when someone is sticking a dildo-cam up inside of you) ultrasound. She finished up and told me to meet her in her office and when I did she said "Let's order your meds!" and that was the first time she actually talked about my cycle..and it was nice! :)

While in her office I voiced my concerns about my previous E2 levels while cycling. I've always been told I've had 2-3 mature follicles and my clinic says that your E2 level should be between 200-300 per mature follie. But my E2 level has never really been over 300 so clearly there is some disconnect there. She looked back through my charts and told me that I was right, my levels were low...except when I cycled in June. My E2 was well above 500. She confirmed what I already knew--my best cycle ever was the one that was canceled because of my gallbladder issues. Are you kidding me? Seriously, worst luck ever.

She said that, in her opinion, we should probably switch up my protocol because this isn't really working. She said we could go ahead and try this IUI with the same protocol and set up a video conference with our RE to discuss some possible changes for the future. She recommended that if our RE does decide to switch up our protocol for our next IUI (should this one fail) that we really should try it one last time. Sometimes shaking the apple tree works...so we are having a video conference with our RE tomorrow to discuss this all. Part of me really hopes that she goes ahead and switches up my protocol (or at least my Follistim dosage) for this cycle but my meds are already ordered and will be here tomorrow (and I start stims tomorrow night) so it probably isn't likely.

So, tonight, while The Coach is at his late night practice, I guess I get to set up my stabbing station again. Which reminds me...I'm pretty sure I'm out of cotton swabs...

1 comment: